Sunday 23 August 2015

A walk through Industrial Bristol

Last weekend, I took a sunny walk along the harbourside in Bristol with enamel jeweller Jessica Turrell.  The journey took us from Cumberland basin to Centrespace studios, where we both work.  We're working on concurrent projects for a 'Make & Think' research group project with the Univeristy of the West of England.

The highlight for me was exploring the working boat yard; Underfall Yard.  I was in industrial heaven.  Functional details often have a life, or character to them, which, for me, stems from their imagined use. 

 

And of course I found plenty of rusty metal joy at the dockyard.




Industry often works its way in to my own metalwork:



Leith Docks 2014 made for INDUSTRIAL SHIFT solo exhibition at Edinburgh Printmakers

Tinsmith Template Series 2012
Find more industrial work here.

You can see Jessica's photos of our walk on her facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About me

Metal Art

Commissions

Public Art

News

Blog

Press

Contact

Rebecca Gouldson