Tuesday 9 September 2014

'Manhole' covers cast in steel in Bury this week

The moment I've been waiting for; to see my 'Manhole' cover designs cast in steel.

From my computer based design, a company in Liverpool made deep etched 'patterns', which were used by the foundry in Bury to make an impression in casting sand, which is then used as a mould to pour molten steel into.

I'm very pleased with the results so far; four have been cast, three to go.

The 'manhole' covers will be installed on Broomhill lane in Denbigh town centre later this year.

On the left; here's a detail of the cast 'manhole' cover.










On the right; the 'pattern' used to make the impression in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About me

Metal Art

Commissions

Public Art

News

Blog

Press

Contact

Rebecca Gouldson